Wednesday 11 March 2015

Product Review: Model Storage Trays from Wargame-Model-Mods

Hey hey! Doing something a tad different today,I am doing a product review, this won't be something I will be doing often, only things that I think not many hobbyists are aware of.

Today's post is for Medium Troop Storage Trays from Wargame-Model-Mods.


I bought these from their ebay store and dispatch and delivery were very quick. These are laser cut mdf figure storage trays that you need to assemble yourself. The draw to these is that they are only £16.99 for 4 trays - each tray holding 48 figures - thats 192 figures stored! For someone like me who has a habit of buying first and thinking about storage later (And sometimes feels begrudged to spend hobby money on anything but figs) 

They also sell trays for taller models (pack of 4 for £16.99) and trays specifically for cavalry (£5.99 each) and tanks (£5.99 each).



The above picture is the components for one tray. There website says each tray takes 5-10mins - while I do believe with practise that this time is achievable, it honestly took me 15-20mins to make each tray.


The pack come with instructions that are pretty straight forward and clear to follow. I used Maxi Fix wood working glue and found these very easy to put together.


The tray compartments are big enough to house space marines and even chunkier models like Gates of Antares Algoryns. Also the trays fit nicely into plastic storage boxes - another plus to us mini addicts :P


The downside is the trays unlike foam have no give so storing more dynamic posed figures is hard if not impossible. Also I wouldn't recommend these for anyone without a car - these trays are best for car boots or hard storage at home/ gaming room.

But as a cheap alternative for figure storage - I defiantly recommend them and have used them to store my Gates of Antares (Algoryns) and Kings of War (Abyssal Dwarves) collections.

Thanks for your time - cya later ;)

3 comments:

  1. What was the name of the Ebay store? I may have to look into these.....I have plenty of foam for the move and store boxes but these would be nice to store older and lesser used stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there store is called "wargame-model-mods" Tried to put the link but it isn't working

      Delete
    2. that is the link - the store is up and fine :P

      Delete