Monday 20 April 2015

The Road to Salute 2015

First and foremost, let me apologies for the upcoming absence. I am house sitting for my folks while they are on holiday - minding there 4 dogs, 8 cats and a parrot :P, meaning I can't get to my computer until monday. But When I do return I shall have a ton of pics from Europe's biggest tabletop gaming show: Salute 2015 :)

I have been going to the Salute shows for nearly 10 years and have always enjoyed them, for me they where the gateway from playing just Games Workshop games to the wider hobby/community. This years show looks to be especially good. There seems to be a nice variety of games on display (Previous years seemed to really lean towards WW2 and Steampunk) and some companies - namely Wargames Illustrated, Hawks Wargames, Warlord Games and Mantic seem to be making a extra special effort to make the show truly a event for us Hobbyists.

So what are my plans for Salute? Well typical of any wargaming pilgrim I got a neural shopping list of things I would like to acquire, namely figures for my upcoming game system: Hi-Jinks - which I will be raiding Copplestone Castings, Wargames Emporium and Empress Minis for goodies. I also am going to hit Warlord games where I hope to get reinforcements for my Bolt Action and Beyond the Gates of Antares collections.

The next port of call will be Prodos Games - lately I been fighting the temptation that is Warzone Resurrection. I have been a fan of the Mutant Chronicles setting for quite some time, playing every addition of the Warzone wargame - even enjoying the  movie! My main goal is to just grab the rulebook and accessories needed for the new edition as I have a large collection of classic figs but knowing me, I'll probably return with a starter box set :P

Also this is the first time in quite a few years that I am not running a table at the show so am going to enjoy the freedom and partake in as many participation/ demo games as I can, something I regrettably been unable to do so for a good few years.

If anyone reading this is also going to Salute 2015, please say Hi - be great to make some new hobby pals. I am going up with the rest of Iron Forest Games and will be sporting our club hoodie so if you seen this logo....


... Your more than welcome to say Hi, If its not me than its someone from IFG who can quickly drag me from whatever vendor of shiny I am perusing :P

Thanks for your time, cya soon - hopefully catch you at Salute ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment